Janam Technologies LLC, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, announced today that IST Management Services, the nation’s largest, independently-owned facilities management services provider, has deployed XM5 rugged mobile computers from Janam to improve mailroom and package delivery, copy center and equipment management, and hospitality services.
With operations in every major market in the United States, IST is focused on developing systems and processes that create the most value for its clients, which include Tiffany & Co. and Yum! Brands. By empowering its staff with versatile XM5 mobile computers, IST is able to increase service levels, reduce costs and drastically improve client satisfaction.
- In order to fulfill its combined goal of a smaller, lighter, faster and more affordable mobile computing solution with the highest levels of customer care, product quality and support, IST transitioned from Zebra Technologies to Janam.
- IST runs its custom proprietary Web-based management software IST-Suite on Janam’s XM5 rugged mobile computers, providing more than 1000 employees with the industry’s most comprehensive and technologically advanced facilities management solution.
- Janam’s XM5 provides increased accountability in package, mail and copy deliveries with a 99.9 percent accuracy rate. Each item is barcoded and then scanned with the XM5 upon delivery. The XM5 is also used for signature capture to confirm each item reaches the correct recipient.
- IST also leverages the XM5 to automate its copier and hospitality services. Employees now receive and record task completion via the XM5 – ultimately helping IST ensure industry-leading response time, on-time task completion and equipment uptime.
- Since IST plans to eventually transition to the Android operating system, the XM5’s dual-OS support eliminates the stress and cost associated with forced application migration and expensive hardware upgrade. IST is able to run its application on the Windows Embedded Handheld platform now, and then use the same hardware to run the Android version of its software once it’s ready, thereby extending its mobility investment years into the future.
- Janam’s XM5 plays a critical role in IST’s sustainability initiatives to improve processes and efficiency, as well as conserve paper. The XM5 enables IST to automate previously manual processes and achieve a virtually paperless headquarters.
Harry B Lerner, CEO, Janam Technologies
“IST Management Services is one of the fastest-growing facilities management companies in the industry. With Janam’s laser focus on excellence, we are honored to have helped IST achieve exceptional levels of service that meet or exceed client expectations.”
Chris Ionetz, National Director of IT, IST Management Services
“Janam has been instrumental in the growth of our business. I cannot speak highly enough about the quality of products and the overall service and support we receive. Working with more than 400 corporations in 38 U.S. markets, we heavily rely on Janam’s XM5 to keep operations running smoothly.”
Learn more about Janam: www.janam.com
Learn more about the XM5: www.janam.com/products/details/xm5
Follow Janam on Facebook: www.facebook.com/janamtechnologies
Follow Janam on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/janam-technologies
Follow Janam on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JanamTech
Janam Technologies LLC is a provider of rugged, handheld computing devices for mobile workers. Janam combines deep industry knowledge with advanced technologies to deliver products and accessories that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction. Specializing in purpose-built mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, Janam offers products that are designed to run mission-critical applications in retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics. For more information, visit www.janam.com.
About IST Management Services
IST is the fastest growing independently owned facilities management company in the country. Since being founded in April of 1997 in Atlanta, GA our core business has been providing outsourced facilities management and support services with emphasis on corporate and legal markets. IST currently provides FM services to hundreds of customers across the nation with average 25% growth every year for the past four years. IST’s goal is to provide only the best, most efficient, quality driven services to our customers.
Products or services mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.