Janam Technologies LLC, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, today announced that Foodland Super Market, Ltd., Hawaii’s largest, locally owned and operated grocery retailer, will use Janam’s XG100 rugged gun-shaped mobile computers in a pilot test of SoftRetail, SofTechnics’ latest suite of store support applications.
Janam’s XG100, a rugged gun-shaped mobile computer, delivers the right features at the right price. It was selected by Foodland for its superior form factor, a form factor that is preferred by users and ideally suited for the advanced functionality SoftRetail extends to the store floor.
SoftRetail, which was introduced by SofTechnics at this year’s National Retail Federation’s Annual Convention and Expo, is a software solution that enables retail enterprises to manage store level operations including receiving, ordering, maintaining sales floor conditions, extended inventory management and item and price management.
“As we approached the stage where we would pilot the new software, we knew that we needed to have more options with the hardware we use,” said Robert Murphy, CIO of Foodland Super Market, Ltd. “Janam’s XG100 was the ideal solution. It delivers powerful performance, features a big display and offers large, well-spaced keys. It is lighter and more comfortable to use than other devices. We expect this combination of software and hardware to deliver outstanding results.”
Janam’s XG100 was designed specifically for scan-intensive, extended shift use in challenging environments. It is the only rugged gun-shaped mobile computer with its battery positioned inside the pistol grip. This lowers the product’s center of gravity and makes it light and balanced in the hand, maximizing worker comfort and productivity.
Other winning features of the XG100 include:
- Powerful Adaptus® imager with solid state construction that delivers aggressive 1D and 2D barcode scanning
- Rugged construction that withstands multiple 6’ drops to concrete on all sides across a full temperature range as well as 2,000 tumbles in a rotating test chamber
- IP64 sealing rating
- Extra-bright keypad backlight
- Robust 802.11 b/g Summit WLAN radio with unparalleled range, security, network performance and control
- Cisco’s CCX v4 certification for reduced cost, complexity and risk
- Emulator keypads ensuring compatibility with existing installations
- Vibrator alert for successful scan feedback
- Bright LED tail lights for visual feedback during overhead scanning
- Superior audio performance and VOIP-ready design
- Full suite of single-slot and four-slot cradles designed for every communication protocol
Janam Technologies LLC is a provider of rugged, handheld computing devices for mobile workers. Janam combines deep industry knowledge with advanced technologies to deliver products and accessories that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction. Specializing in purpose-built mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, Janam offers products that are designed to run mission-critical applications in retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics.
About Foodland Super Market, Ltd.
Foodland Super Market, Ltd., Hawaii’s largest, locally owned, and operated grocery retailer, was founded by the late Maurice J. “Sully” Sullivan in 1948. Today, the company has 31 stores spanning four islands with approximately 2,500 employees. Through responsiveness, innovation and service, Foodland strives to deliver outstanding shopping experiences for customers while working to build a better Hawaii.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.