Janam Technologies LLC, a provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, today announced the release of a Windows Mobile 6 version of its XG100 rugged gun-shaped mobile computer. Now available with Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system, the XG100 is able to meet mission-critical application requirements in either Windows CE or Windows Mobile environments, providing welcome flexibility to software developers and solution architects at both reseller and end-user customers.
“Combining Windows Mobile with the XG100’s long list of winning features and its exciting price point delivers a value proposition that is unmatched in the rugged gun-shaped mobile computer category,” said Harry B. Lerner, CEO of Janam. “We’re excited to once again offer our customers the right product at the right price.”
Janam’s XG100 was designed specifically for scan-intensive, extended shift use in warehouses, loading docks, distribution centers and other demanding environments. It is the only rugged gun-shaped mobile computer with its battery positioned inside the pistol grip. This lowers the product’s center of gravity and makes it light and balanced in the hand, maximizing worker comfort and productivity. It also creates the space for the most powerful standard battery in the industry. The XG100’s sleek upper body creates a wide profile for larger keys without adding unnecessary weight or bulk. The XG100 is also the first rugged mobile computer with an Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) tag integrated into the body of the unit for enhanced asset protection.
Other winning features of the XG100 include:
- Powerful Adaptus® imager with solid state construction that delivers aggressive 1D and 2D barcode scanning
- Rugged construction that withstands multiple 6’ drops to concrete on all sides across a full temperature range as well as 2,000 tumbles in a rotating test chamber
- IP64 sealing rating
- Extra-bright keypad backlight
- Robust 802.11 b/g Summit WLAN radio with unparalleled range, security, network performance and control
- Cisco’s CCX v4 certification for reduced cost, complexity and risk
- Emulator keypads ensuring compatibility with existing installations
- Vibrator alert for successful scan feedback
- Bright LED tail lights for visual feedback during overhead scanning
- Superior audio performance and VOIP-ready design
- Full suite of single-slot and four-slot cradles designed for every communication protocol
The Windows Mobile version of the XG100 has a list price of $1,995, hundreds of dollars below comparable models of rugged gun-shaped mobile computers. It is available for purchase through Janam’s global network of distributor and reseller partners.
Janam Technologies LLC is a provider of rugged, handheld computing devices for mobile workers. Janam combines deep industry knowledge with advanced technologies to deliver products and accessories that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction. Specializing in purpose-built mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, Janam offers products that are designed to run mission-critical applications in retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.